What's the Dirt on Wastewater?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
HayleyWheats

What can I do? Empty What can I do?

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:49 pm
I would really like to contribute towards the sustainable development goals but I kinda feel like my actions are only a drop in the ocean and won't make a difference. Is there something I can do that will have big impact?
Wastewaterloving445

What can I do? Empty Re: What can I do?

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:01 pm
Hi HayleyWheats, thank you for your question.
First of all, everyone's actions (even if they are small) are important! A lot of people have that feeling of being a drop in the ocean when they flush inappropriate constituents down the drain, like it's only 1 flush out of so many that it can't have that big an impact. The thing is, once a few people have that thought then we have many undesired constituents heading towards our wastewater plants that can cause some big issues. The point is, everyone's actions influence the system in one way or another. And this goes the same for working towards the SDGs. Even if your actions are small, as long as they are positive then they are contributing towards the goals. If you want some cool ideas on bigger things you could do towards the goals in general, download the app 'SDGs in Action'. Regards changes you can make to help our wastewater systems, check out our tips and tricks video in the WATCH section or read about them in our ENGAGE section.
I hope that helped 💧
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum